A northern Michigan kayak & kayak builder story.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Almost, is not just a ways away!



I have made a lot of progress. I decided to perform some end pours, in order to seal the inside shearline, and to add some rigidity to the tips. This is a hell of a task! I have also began the under the deck mounts for the bungee cords. This also has been tedious. Also, I have siliconed the bulkheads in, three of them, fornt rear, and another rear for a day hatch area. I began the backrest today and it looks promising.

The only few taks left are to cut the slits for the nylon loops, epoxy that, then final sand, varnish, outfit and build a seat. Not much on what bean as a huge list. I may also add some in hatch bungees to ensure the hatches will not fall out during paddling. I have the itch to paddle.

Another interesting thing to look at is inside of the boat, check out the light of day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Keller said...

I wish I had seen that driving by your house! It's looking great, Jeremie.

7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home