A northern Michigan kayak & kayak builder story.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

On and On!!



Somedays I just want to build a big kayak bonfire! Then go buy a fiberglass boat!! I know if you read through my past posts I sound a bit
skitso, but wow somedays are better than others, and after 5 days of resin, sand, resin, sand, you bgin to wear thin.

So I added an brasion patch, against what some good friends say, I felt this makes the boat bulletproof. So a second layer of of 6oz was placed to build the hull. Check out the pics and stay tuned.

Also, I peeled the top of the other boat to free the coaming. All in the same time I decided to to fillet the inside. That was a sloppy mess, but made the top a lot more rigid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Keller said...

Looking good, Bro!

9:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it up! No fiberglass boat can match the beauty of a wooden one.

9:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home