A northern Michigan kayak & kayak builder story.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Weather















I cannot believe this weather, it is so beautiful. And it has given me the chance to continue glassing the boats. It has been a lot of work, and waiting, but finally I get to move forward. These pictures are from the glassing of Jen's kayak.

The fiberglass process takes some practice, and I don't have much. You can see where the epoxy stops, this is where I ran out of epoxy. I simply did not have enough and at 8:00 pm it is a hard item to come by. This is alos a great picture of both boats. The one on the right is 100% okume, the near one has both okume and mahogony.

In the second picture you can see where the plates join and the blue tape, which allows some clean wood to help join the top to the bottom.

In the other picture you can really see the difference in colors of the wood.

I do have to say I am so excited to get these on the water. I have been thinking that I really only need 6 more weeks of work, maybe les if all goes well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home