A northern Michigan kayak & kayak builder story.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sorry But No Pictures

I have been working on, but nothing to exciting is happening. I have the inside of both the top and bottom fiberglassed. I even reinf0rced the back deck and front deck with some S-glass. This was If I need to do a rescue the boat will be plenty strong enough, and I can crawl on the back deck with no worries.

If I had pictures you would see the two halves hot glued back together. I have to put one more coat of epoxy on the deck and then I can begin the hacth construction. I met a guy at Backcountry Outfitters in TC who suggested using two bulkheads behind the cockpit, his way you can have an assesable hatch while paddling. I think I will incorporate this into Vaclav's design.

Other than that the weather has not been playing to my favor the past several days and epoxy work has been pretty much out of the question. Hopefully, it will hit about 70 in the next few days and I can get the last coat of epoxy on the deck. Stay Tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home